Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
At Visa University, our mission is to turn our learning data into insights and get a deep understanding of how people use our resources to impact the product, strategy and direction of Visa University. In order to help us achieve this we are looking for someone who can build and scale an efficient analytics data suite and also deliver impactful dashboards and visualizations to track strategic initiatives and enable self-service insight delivery. The Staff Software Engineer, Learning & Development Technology is an individual contributor role within Corporate IT in our Austin-based Technology Hub. In this role you will participate in design, development, and technology delivery projects with many leadership opportunities. Additionally, this position provides application administration and end-user support services. There will be significant collaboration with business partners, multiple Visa IT teams and third-party vendors. The portfolio includes SaaS and hosted packaged applications as well as multiple content providers such as Pathgather (Degreed), Cornerstone, Watershed, Pluralsight, Lynda, Safari, and many others.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to evolve our learning platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements and be forward thinking to identify opportunities that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards and being curious and creative. We are looking for an expert in business intelligence, data visualization and analytics to join the Visa University family and help drive a data-first culture across learning.
- Engage with product managers, design team and student experience team in Visa University to ensure that the right information is available and accessible to study user behavior, to build and track key metrics, to understand product performance and to fuel the analysis of experiments
- Build lasting solutions and datasets to surface critical data and performance metrics and optimize products
- Build and own the analytics layer of our data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible
- Design, build, maintain and iterate a suite of visual dashboards to track key metrics and enable self-service data discovery
- Participate in technology project delivery activities such as business requirement collaboration, estimation, conceptual approach, design, development, test case preparation, unit/integration test execution, support process documentation, and status updates
- Participate in vendor demo and technical deep dive sessions for upcoming projects
- Collaborate with, and mentor, data engineers to build efficient data pipelines and impactful visualizations
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a business intelligence, data analysis or data visualization role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar
- Significant experience in designing analytical data layers and in conducting ETL with very large and complex data sets
- Expertise with Tableau desktop software (techniques such as LOD calculations, calculated fields, table calculations, and dashboard actions)
- Expert in data visualization
- High level of ability in JSON, SQL
- Experience with Python is a must and experience with data science libraries is a plus (NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit Learn, NLTK, Deep Learning(Keras)
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms (Linear Regression, Multiple Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Logistic Regression, Naive Bayes, SVM, K-means, K-nearest neighbor, Hierarchical Clustering)
- Basic SFTP and encryption knowledge
- Experience with Excel (Vlookups, pivots, macros, etc.)
- Experience with xAPI is a plus
- Ability to leverage HR systems such as Workday, Salesforce etc., to execute the above responsibilities
- Understanding of statistical analysis, quantitative aptitude and the ability to gather and interpret data and information
- You have a strong business sense and you are able to translate business problems to data driven solutions with minimal oversight
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, enjoys mentoring and teaching others and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Number: REF15081Q