As a senior leader working within the Business Intelligence Continual Service Improvement (BI-CSI) team your role will require you to adapt between individual contributor and that of an active, contributing team member throughout the full CSI lifecycle supporting concurrent priorities. Working alongside senior analytical staff and subject matter experts (SMEs) within the firm, you will confidently use analytical approaches, statistical models and data visualization tools to identify data defined actionable insight to improve IT operational performance, enable effective business decisions and ultimately create efficiencies for JPMorgan Chase (JPMC).
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing analytical solutions in a fast-paced environment (preferably financial services)
- Experience in developing scalable code to extract, manipulate, report and analyze data from both structured and unstructured data sources
- Proficient in conducting advanced statistical analyses (e.g. regression, clustering, time series) and working with large data sets.
- Strong data visualization capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Experience establishing a proposal or business case in order to build and present a persuasive argument in favor of an observed need for improvement.
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and decision making skills including experience with project management methodologies required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Able to multi-task with ease including a demonstrated track record of delivering multiple concurrent complex technical projects on time.
- Ability to build relationships and leverage subject matter expertise to driving conversations and/or influence decisions/direction with Business and Technology areas.
- Proven understanding of core IT Service Management processes and its underlying data a plus.
- Professional certification(s) in a defined best practice methodology (ITIL, HDI, Six Sigma) preferred.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Statistics, Mathematics or similar)
- Strong experience coding and debugging in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, R and familiarity with related statistical packages (e.g. Scikit-Learn, SciPy, Pandas, Numpy)
- Familiarity with databases and basic data table operations (SQL, Hive, etc.)
- Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark etc. a plus
- Expertise in at least one infrastructure technology, e.g., Server (e.g., Unix, Wintel), Storage (e.g., NAS, SAN), Network (e.g., firewalls, routers), Database (e.g., Oracle, DB2), Mainframe, Middleware. Knowledge of 2 or more technologies is a plus.
- Proficiency in reporting / dashboard tools i.e., Cognos, Tableau, Qlikview.
- Proficiency in ServiceNow data model; HPSM and ITSM is a plus.
- Familiarity with project methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, charting, macros, calculations), Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, IE (and other browsers: E.g. Firefox).
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and were building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If youre looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.