New York headquarterd Cyber Security firm, Security Scorecard, opened their first office outside of the US in Prague in September 2018.
The new office is growing to become Security Scorecard’s international technology centre. We have 15 developers in the Prague's team.
The company has >150 employees and has raised >USD 60mm to fuel their expansion (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/security-scorecard)
Security Scorecard are looking for a Lead Backend Engineer (C++) to run a team of 5-6 back-end engineers.
You will report to Jasson Casey, CTO & SVP Engineering - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jassoncasey/ and Nick Matviko, Director of Engineering - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickmatviko/
What does success look like in this role?
Success in this role will mean leading a team to deliver of quality products/features/applications as well as establishing and growing a positive and productive engineering culture in Prague.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 6 x backend software engineers, instilling engineering best practices and cultivating a culture to attract and retain talent
- Serving in a hands-on development capacity as needed, including reviewing code, participating in the full life cycle development of product features and coding Proofs of Concept
- Develop an effective team by leading hiring and recruiting initiatives in Prague in partnership with global engineering leaders and the People team
- Evolve the technical onboarding process for new team members in Prague in alliance with global engineering team
- Responsible for the technical roadmap and direction, leading projects in partnership with global engineering leaders and cross-functional team members
- Evaluate and introduce new technologies, processes and policies when necessary
- Partner with product team and other stakeholders on broader engineering and company initiatives
- 3+ years experience leading an engineering team with a focus on both delivery of high quality products and motivating a team to do their best work aligned with company vision
- 5+ years in a software engineering role building high quality products to scale
- Fluency with C++ (modern versions a plus) and/or C. Experience with python is also a big bonus.
- Experience designing and building high performance, low latency distributed systems
- Effective project manager, well versed in agile methodology, cross functional communication (including with remote teams), cost and time management
- Motivated to tackle large-scale problems in a fast paced, startup environment
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey intricate systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
Tool We Use:
- Data definition, format and interfaces
- Definitions - Protobuf V3
- Normalize from - AVRO / JSON / XML / CSV
- Normalize to - Protobuf / ORC
- Interfaces - REST API(s), gRPC and object store buckets
- Cloud Services - Amazon Web Services
- Databases: Postgres, Presto
- Cache: Redis, Varnish
- Job Orchestration - HT Condor / Apache Airflow
- Analytics - Spark / Bluepipe (C++)
- Storage - Gluster / NFS / S3 ( AWS ) / EFS ( AWS ) / Postgres
- Computation - Docker Containers / VMs / Metal / EMR