Healthcare is at an inflection point. Businesses are quickly evolving, and new technologies are reshaping the healthcare experience. We are R1 - a revenue cycle management company that is passionate about simplifying the patient experience, removing the paperwork hassle and demystifying financial obligations. Our success enables our healthcare clients to focus on what matters most - providing excellent clinical care.
Great people make great companies and we are looking for a great Lead Software Engineer to join our team in Murray, UT. Our approach to building software is disciplined and quality-focused with an emphasis on creativity, craftsmanship and commitment. We are looking for smart, quality-minded individuals who want to be a part of a high functioning, dynamic team. We believe in treating people fairly and your compensation should reflect that. Bring your passion for software engineering and help us disrupt ourselves as we build the next generation healthcare revenue cycle management products and platforms. Now is the right time to join R1!
We are seeking a highly experienced Lead Platform Engineer to join our team. The lead platform engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining real time, scalable, and resilient platform for product teams and developers. This role will be responsible for performing and supervising design, development and implementation of platform services, tools and frameworks. You will work with other software architects, software engineers, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build platform services. You will also provide technical mentorship to software engineers/developers and related groups.
- Be responsible for designing and developing software solutions with engineering mindset
- Ensures SOLID principles and standard design patterns are applied across the organization to system architectures and implementations
- Acts as a technical subject matter expert: helping fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise and engage in solving problems
- Collaborate with stakeholders to help set and document technical standards
- Evaluates, understands and recommends new technology, languages or development practices that have benefits for implementing.
- Participate in and/or lead technical development design sessions to formulate technical designs that minimize maintenance, maximize code reuse and minimize testing time
- 8+ years experience in building scalable, highly available, distributed solutions and services
- 4+ experience in middleware technologies: Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Message Queuing (MQ), Routing, Service Orchestration, Integration, Security, API Management, Gateways
- Significant experience in RESTful API architectures, specifications and implementations
- Working knowledge of progressive development processes like scrum, XP, Kanban, TDD, BDD and continuous delivery using Jenkins
- Significant experience working with most of the following technologies/languages: Java, C#, SQL, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, .NET/Core, WebAPI, Web Sockets, Swagger, JSON, REST, GIT
- Hand-on experience in micro-services architecture, Kubernetes, Docker
- Familiarity with Middleware platform Software AG WebMethods is a plus
- Concept understanding on Cloud platforms, BIG Data, Machine Learning is a major plus
- Knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle, EMRs, practice management systems, FHIR, HL7 and HIPAA is a major plus
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for delivering well designed, high quality enterprise software on schedule
- Prolific learner, willing to refactor your understanding of emerging patterns, practices and processes as much as you refactor your code
- Ability to articulate and illustrate software complexities to others (both technical and non-technical audiences)
- Friendly attitude and available to mentor others, communicating what you know in an encouraging and humble way
- Continuous Learner
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovative and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com