Jr. Data Scientist
Our client in the Midtown area is looking for a Jr. Data Scientist with a passion for Machine Learning, knows the how's & why's of algorithms, and is excited about the fraud industry. You'll be a pivotal piece in the Atlanta/US team in development and application of adaptive real-time analytical modeling algorithms. So if that gets you excited, apply!
- End-to-end processing and modeling of large customer data sets.
- Working with customers to understand the opportunities and constraints of their existing data in the context of machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Develop statistical models and algorithms for integration with companys product.
- Apply analytical theory to real-world problems on large and dynamic datasets.
- Produce materials to feedback analytic results to customers (reports, presentations, visualizations).
- Providing input into future data science strategy and product development.
- Working with development teams to support and enhance the analytical infrastructure.
- Work with the QA team to advise on effective analytical testing.
- Evaluate and improve the analytical results on live systems.
- Develop an understanding of the industry data structures and processes.
Team working with:
- Currently 6 other Data Scientist local to Atlanta, the rest of the team (10+) in Cambridge
- 130 people in the entire company
Top skills required:
- Degree-level qualification with good mathematical background and knowledge of statistics.
- Professional experience using Random Forests, machine learning algorithms, development skills with C or Python
- First-hand experience of putting Data Storage into production
- Experience in implementing statistical models and analytical algorithms in software.
- Practical experience of the handling and mining of large, diverse, data sets.
- Must have a USA work visa or Passport.
Nice to have:
- Ph.D. or other postgraduate qualification would be an extreme advantage
- An indication of how relevant technologies have been used (not just a list).
- Attention to grammatical detail, layout and presentation.
- Regular bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave
- Healthcare package
- Free Friday lunches
- Regular social outings
- Fridge and cupboards packed full of edible treats
- Annual summer social and Christmas dinner