Cloudreach is looking to add a key team member to tackle unique challenges as we grow our software products that focus on optimizing computing performance, cost, and security, as well as enabling software modernization. As a key member of this team, your primary role will be to work directly with the R&D and engineering team as well as the product team. A successful candidate will have several years of engineering technical leadership experience with many of the specific tools listed below and enjoys the challenge of building state-of-the-art automated solutions for infrastructure management and monitoring of large-scale. The position requires deep knowledge of computing performance, including how to measure, model, and predict performance. The candidate must be able to lead the development of performance and cost optimization oriented products, which include developing computational systems that can reliably measure, model, and predict performance. This role requires comprehensive experimentation to ensure that performance models are valid across all scenarios. Lastly, a successful candidate must be able to design intuitive and yet comprehensive user interfaces that enable the user to leverage the deep knowledge computing performance, while the user does not have such knowledge. While this is not a research position, it shares methodologies of isolating specific questions, and developing rigorous solutions to the questions.
On the other hand, while a key differentiator is the ability to develop novel problems and solutions, there is considerable work on more straightforward performance-oriented product development.
What will you do at Cloudreach?
- Hands-on development using primarily but not limited to Java, Python, SQL, Matlab, Scala, Tensorflow, C/C++, Linux modules, eBPF, or whatever is needed.
- Lead and mentor a growing group of analytics engineers
- Explore and help the team explore new methods to gain insights into performance, cost, and applications
- Work with the product team to explore ideas that maintain a market leadership
- Work with the entire engineering team to provide overall direction as it relates to performance and application analytics
What do we look for?
- Strong understanding of computing performance in the context of enterprise and cloud computing
- Significant experience in developing and implementing computational algorithms
- Experience with building reliable data acquisition and processing systems
- Experience in several of the following
- Comprehensive performance evaluation for computing systems such as GPU, databases, enterprise applications, operating systems, networking, virtualization, and HPC
- Deep and highly robust system monitoring and time series analysis
- Anomaly detection
- Machine learning techniques
- Code analysis
- static and dynamic analysis
- code complexity analysis
- Natural language processing
- Corpus generation
- Named entity detection
- Ontology generation
- Text classification
Since Cloudreach focuses on cloud computing, networking, operating systems, enterprise applications, code development, etc., extensive domain knowledge is these or related areas is critical. Successful applicants should be able to read research papers and implement proposed solutions; research experience is helpful, but not required. Consequently, successful applicants will likely have a Masters degree or a Ph.D.
- Education: Ph.D. prefered or Masters degree in Computer Science or related area.
- Experience: 8+ years experience in software and performance-oriented analytics development
- Leadership: Experience leading multiple product development teams in planning, executing and delivering on enterprise software projects
- Architecture: Strong software architecture background and experience with the ability to mentor team members
- Experience with one or more of the IaaS providers is a must (AWS, Azure, GCE cloud etc.)
- Track record of delivering analytics-based products from conception to deployment and customer enablement
What are our cloudy perks?
- A MacBook Pro and smartphone.
- Unique cloudy culture -- we work hard and play hard.
- Uncapped holidays and your birthday off.
- World-class training and career development opportunities through our own Cloudy University.
- Centrally-located offices.
- Fully stocked kitchen and team cloudy lunches, taking over a restaurant or two every Friday.
- Office amenities like pool tables and Xbox on the big screen TV.
- Working with a collaborative, social team, and growing your skills faster than you will anywhere else.
- Full benefits and 401k match.
- Kick-off events at cool locations throughout the country.