As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will utilize mature (3rd or 4th Generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
Additionally, you will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
Provide leadership and direction for the key machine learning initiatives in the Operation Risk domain
Act as machine learning evangelist in the Operation Risk domain
Perform research and proof of concepts to determine ML/AI applicability to potential use cases
Mentor junior data scientists and team members new to machine learning
Display efficient work style with attention to detail, organization, and strong sense of urgency
Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks
Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality which meet the needs of our business partners.
Implement model reviews and machine learning governance framework
Manage code quality for total build effort.
Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Advanced degree in Math, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Three to five years working experience in machine learning, preferably natural language processing
- Ability to work in a team as a self-directed contributor with a proven track record of being detail orientated, innovative, creative, and strategic
- Strong problem solving and data analytical skills
- Industry experience building end-to-end Machine Learning systems leveraging Python (Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras, NLTK, Gensim et al.) or other similar languages
- Experience of a variety of machine learning algorithms (classification, clustering, deep learning et al.) and natural language processing applications (topic modeling, sentiment analysis et al.)
- Experience with NLP techniques to transform unstructured text data to structured data (lemmatization, stemming, Bag-of-words, word embedding et al.)
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using Tableau, or open-source Python packages such as matplotlib, seaborn et al.
- Familiar with Hive/Impala to manipulate data and draw insights from Hadoop
Demonstrate Continual Improvement in terms of Individual Performance
Strong communication skills
Bright and enthusiastic, self-directed
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., youre not just working at a global financial institution. Youre an integral part of one of the worlds biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.