Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
As our Lead Software Engineer for our Paid Media Core domain, you are the main responsible for our currently developed e-commerce solution to digitize our media. You are driving the design, implementation and architecture of our new cloud based stack to monetize our services.
Our department Paid Media & Distribution is responsible to operate and develop the whole IT stack to maintain our customers, to deliver the products using the right channel, to marketeer our products but also to monetize the use of our services.
You are part of an agile team inside IT, which collaborates closely with Product Owners and other business stakeholders. You are responsible to deliver the required features together with a team of Frontend-, FullStack- and Backend-Developers.
- You will play a leading role in designing and building new services for our paid media domain inside Tamedia
- You will design, implement, test and deliver new features within an agile team
- You lead architectural discussions and guide development of systems
- You support your fellow engineers in extending and developing their knowledge
- Participate in finding and interviewing your future team mates: You get to shape the team.
- Collaborate with other development teams in Tamedia's portfolio
- Help improve our code quality with unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Enthusiasm for web technologies
- At least 5+ years of experience working on production systems
- Experience with event-driven pub/sub systems like Kafka
- Excellent experience in designing and developing Microservices (Node.js)
- Strong experience in SOA environments, APIs, services, architectures
- Strong experience in database design and development with common tools such as MySQL, Postgresql, MongoDB and/or cloud services
- Experience in operating AWS infrastructure
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes/OpenShift, continuous deployment and testing
- Linux proficiency: BASH, configuration, basic scripting, process control, scheduling, permissions, tools, etc
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Plus: Experience with frontend development for web applications and mobile clients
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
What we offer
- Your Laptop of choice and a standing desk
- Flexible working hours and Home-office possibilities
- We value personal improvement and support you in expanding your knowledge with courses and conferences
- A yearly internal conference (https://tx.tamedia.ch/), with international keynote speakers and an opportunity for you to learn how other teams work and show off your own successes and experiences
- On-site canteen with plentiful selection of fresh food and salad
- Travel opportunities to our satellite offices around Europe (Engineering Center in Belgrade)