Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, a strong financial position, Omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can make the difference by using machine learning to generate data driven products and solve the most pressing business challenges, please read on.
We are incredibly excited about Data Analytics and the great potential for progress and innovation. We believe that analytics is a key differentiator in bringing “anytime, anywhere, personalized” services to our customers. We wish to improve our operational processes and create new and innovative data driven products that go beyond traditional banking, such as the platform models. Achieving this vision will require us to build and expand on our analytics effort and organize ourselves around focused value buckets with strong coordination capabilities of data, technology, customer journey, UX, as well as external partnerships.
Global Analytics is a new unit responsible for realizing this vision for ING, differentiating ING as a leader in data-driven organization, within the banking sector and beyond. The team consists of a number of Global Analytics Center of Excellences around the bank’s key capabilities (such as Pricing, Risk Management, Financial Crime, Customer Intelligence, etc.) as well as strong coordination areas around data management, technology, customer journey, UX, as well as external partnerships.
Financial Crime & RegTech CoE (Center of Excellences)
To be a compliant and safe bank is non-negotiable precondition of everything we do.
Purpose of the Financial Crime and RegTech center of excellence is to define the strategy and drive the development, implementation and adoption of analytics capabilities in the financial crime domain to make ING a safer and more compliant bank
As part of the center of excellence you will help creating innovative scalable data driven solutions in the space of Financial Crime. You proactively work with teams to implement these solutions across the organization.
You will work collaboratively with an extended group of stakeholders, including but not limited to Operations, Compliance, Engineering, Legal, Corporate Audit.
A background in anti-money laundering services or fraud is therefore a plus
- You Data Science knowledge enables you build analytics solutions for mitigation of Financial Crime related risks.
- Willing and able to learn and to improve your technical as well your interpersonal skills.
- You are a creative and curious Data Scientist who looking forward to work on a wide variety of Financial Economic Crime related problems.
- You have a thorough understanding of the machine learning algorithms and tooling and are able to pass your knowledge to others.
- Your are proficient in coding and you are able to deliver production ready code.
- You have extensive experience with transforming data to added value for your stakeholders. You are able to see things from a different perspective and to make original solutions work in practice; when suitable you propose such endeavors to stakeholders.
- You are able to see where ING can set further steps towards becoming a truly data driven bank. You’re always thinking one step ahead, for example in advising about the best way of implementation.
- Your communication skills enable you to work together with many different parties throughout our organization.
- You have extensive experience with stakeholder management from within data science projects.
- Your enthusiasm is visible and you are good with mobilizing people for our data driven purpose.
- You like working in cross-functional teams to realize an ambitious goal.
- You are not shy to ask for help of other Data Scientists in the team, and you are happy help them out by sharing your knowledge and capabilities. You are able and willing to guide junior Data Scientists and interns in their work; you also have experience doing so in your previous roles.
- You are a team player who strikes effective balance between independence and acting in the interest of the team.
- You are perseverant and you do not give up when a problem is hard; you know how to deal with set-backs.
- Your enthusiasm is contagious and inspires others to act; your act sets an example for others.
- MSc or PhD with excellent academic results in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics or similar.
- At least 3/4 years work related experience in a similar role and/or environment.
- Machine Learning: Classification, Regression, Clustering, Unsupervised methods, Text Mining. You have an excellent understanding of Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks, Logistic Regression, SVM, KNN, K-Means, etc. Parametric and non-parametric statistics is a pre.
- Programming Languages: Python and R. Scala is a pre
- Tools: Spark, Hadoop.
- Database handling: SQL, Hive. Familiarity with Oracle, Netezza, HBase, Cassandra, Graph databases is a pre.
- Visualisation tools: D3.js, Shiny, Angular.
Do you recognize a call upon You in our description? Then please apply and join us to change the future of banking!