Arcadis is seeking a Director of Advanced Analytics to join our North America Digital Team.
The Director of Advanced Analytics (North America) is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategy centered around elevating our current analytics capabilities, identifying use cases within our current business, and identifying new business opportunities anchored around analytics. Together with the core/extended Arcadis Digital team(s) he/she will drive digital change within the organization which includes frequently interacting with Arcadians at all levels from the executive leadership, project managers, and entry level employees in addition to clients by providing technical expertise, guidance, and hands-on support on data processing, analytical models, and visualization techniques.
Develop capabilities in analytics phases
- Evaluate our existing analytics capabilities and develop a strategy for Analytics in North America, that will create value for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Develop Arcadiss capabilities in descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Leading the development of required analytics skills in North America - by a combination of recruiting and training
- Train our colleagues valuable technical skills on-the-job, which can include data processing, coding models in R, Python, BaysiaLab, etc, creating powerful visualizations and interfaces (e.g. using RShiny or Tableau), and developing the data infrastructure needed
Analytics as a value add to projects
- Advise in the implementation of analytics and data life cycle on projects/programs
- Capture the resulting insights from the data life cycle
- Communicate the value of using analytics instead of the traditional way of working
- Identify where analytics can be used as a differentiator
- Scope out analytics services and develop monetization strategies
- Develop powerful use cases, in close collaboration with market leaders and external partners
Advise clients on their analytics journey
- Advising clients on data governance/management
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and potential clients
- Participation in design thinking/client visioning workshops
Evangelist/Leader for analytics
- Empower our colleagues to implement analytics on their projects
- Communicate complex ideas in a simple way using story telling
- Inspire our colleagues to innovate and adopt of analytics
Develop strategy for analytics on overall business/bring in best practices in analytics
- Integrate yourself within the existing business to evaluate where analytics can be strategically be implemented.
- Collaborate closely with / support the Chief Digital Officer, North America with taking the lead and providing technical expertise within Analytics
- Collaborate closely with / support the Global CDO / Analytics team by supporting the development of a global Analytics roadmap and data strategy
- Participating in regular exchanges with other digital / analytics leaders in other regions
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Ability to inspire clients and potential partners with new ideas and discipline combined with pragmatism to implement them rapidly;
- Ability to develop a plan and approach to strategic problems - communicating and mobilizing teams to deliver against the plan;
- The ideal candidate: Talented, passionate and high energy leader with a blend of technology/digital savviness and built & natural asset industry knowledge.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in analytics, including expert knowledge of the common software applications, such as R, Python or database management tools, such as SQL or MongoDB.
- Complete understanding of cloud technologies
- Complete understand of data lake implementation and other data governance practices
- Knowledge of design thinking and client visioning workshops
- Experience in agile project management and product development
- Knowledge of best practices in analytics across the industry
- Broad and strategic perspective on the current and future global technology landscape
- Credible counterpart for existing or potential partners with strong business acumen combined with solid technical skills;
- Self-starter, high energy, can work independently and remotely and comfortable with ambiguity;
- Communication and relationship skills, ability to engage with a broad range of international stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a global matrix organization and to deal with different cultures worldwide;
- Proactive, practical, entrepreneurial, open-minded, flexible and creative;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
- 7+ years of professional experience with an impressive track record in Analytics and bringing data-driven initiatives to success, ideally at the intersection of natural & built assets and analytics/digital
- Masters Degree (preferably in Business Analytics, Data Science or Computer Science) preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience with an impressive track record in Analytics
- MA/MS/MBA degree from a top-tier university / research institution