Seeking an individual with a keen eye for good design combined with the ability to communicate those designs through informative design artifacts. Candidates should be familiar with an Agile development process (and understand its limitations), able to mediate between product / business needs and developer architectural needs. They should be ready to get their hands dirty coding complex pieces of the overall architecture.
We are .NET Core on the backend, Angular 2 on a mobile web front-end, and native on Android and iOS. We host our code across AWS and on-premises VMs, and use various data backends (SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo).
Very important is interest in (and hopefully, experience with) modern big data pipelines and machine learning. Experience with streaming platforms feeding Apache Spark jobs that train machine learning models would be music to our ears. Financial platforms generate massive amounts of data, and re-architecting aspects of our microservices to support that will be a key responsibility.
118118 Money is a private financial services company with R&D headquartered in Austin along highway 360, in front of the Bull Creek Nature preserve. We have offices around the world, so the candidate should be open to occasional travel abroad. The atmosphere is casual, and has a startup feel. You will see your software creations deployed quickly.
- Help us to build a big data pipeline and add machine learning capability to more areas of our platform.
- Manage code from development through deployment, including support and maintenance.
- Perform code reviews, assist and coach more junior developers to adhere to proper design patterns.
- Build fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience with some flavor of ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with SQL Server
- Expertise in the design of elegant and intuitive REST APIs.
- Cloud development experience (Amazon, Azure, etc)
- Keen understanding of security principles as they pertain to service design.
- Expertise in object-oriented design principles.
- Machine Learning experience
- Mobile development experience
- Kafka / message streaming experience
- Apache Spark experience
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of Docker containers
- Experience with MongoDB