Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. Today, creative ideas, insight and new points of view are at the core of how we craft a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if youre passionate about a career building breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
There are hundreds of chances for you to make your mark on Technology and life at American Express. Heres just some of what youll be doing:
- Take your place as a core member of an Agile team driving the latest application development practices.
- Find your opportunity to execute new technologies, write code and perform unit tests, as well as working with data science, algorithms and automation processing
- Engage your collaborative spirit by Collaborate with fellow engineers to craft and deliver recommendations to Finance, Business, and Technical users on Finance Data Management.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 4+ years of Software Development experience.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline including practical experience effectively interpreting Technical and Business objectives and challenges and designing solutions.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Finance SMEs and partners of all levels to understand their business processes and take overall ownership of Analysis, Design, Estimation and Delivery of technical solutions for Finance business requirements and roadmaps, including a deep understanding of Finance and other LOB products and processes. Experience with regulatory reporting frameworks, is preferred.
- Hands-on expertise with application design and software development across multiple platforms, languages, and tools: Java, Hadoop, Python, Streaming, Flink, Spark, HIVE, MapReduce, Unix, NoSQL and SQL Databases is preferred.
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), including working familiarity with a variety of databases(DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, HBASE, Couchbase, MemSQL).
- Experience in architecting, designing, and building customer dashboards with data visualization tools such as Tableau using accelerator database Jethro.
- Extensive experience in application, integration, system and regression testing, including demonstration of automation and other CI/CD efforts.
- Experience with version control softwares like git, svn and CI/CD testing/automation experience.
- Proficient with Scaled Agile application development methods.
- Deals well with ambiguous/under-defined problems; Ability to think abstractly.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential, including substantiated ability to innovate and take pride in quickly deploying working software.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation is a plus.
- Ability to get results with an emphasis on reducing time to insights and increased efficiency in delivering new Finance product capabilities into the hands of Finance constituents.
- Focuses on the Customer and Client with effective consultative skills across a multi-functional environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including effective presentation skills. Strong analytical skills, problem identification and resolution.
- Delivering business value using creative and effective approaches
- Possesses strong business knowledge about the Finance organization, including industry standard methodologies.
- Demonstrates a strategic/enterprise viewpoint and business insights with the ability to identify and resolve key business impediments.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.