Our Government client is looking for an experienced ETL Developer on a renewable contract in Atlanta, GA
Position ETL Developer
The desired candidate will be responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance and support of complex data extract, transformation and load (ETL) programs for an Enterprise Data Warehouse. An understanding of how complex data should be transformed from the source and loaded into the data warehouse is a critical part of this job.
- Deep hands-on experience on OBIEE RPD & BIP Reporting Data models, Development for seamless cross-functional and cross-systems data reporting
- Expertise and solid experience in BI Tools OBIEE, Oracle Data Visualization and Power BI
- Strong Informatica technical knowledge in design, development and management of complex Informatica mappings, sessions and workflows on Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Strong programming skills, relational database skills with expertise in Advanced SQL and PL/SQL, indexing and query tuning
- Having implemented Advanced Analytical models in Python or R
- Experienced in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.
- Extensive experience in data analysis and root cause analysis and proven problem solving and analytical thinking capabilities.
- Analytical capabilities to slice and dice data and display data in reports for best user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to review business processes and translate into BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Ability to follow Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and should be able to work under any project management methodologies used.
- Ability to follow best practices and standards.
- Ability to identify BI application performance bottlenecks and tune.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and project time constraints
- Ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision
- Basic understanding of software engineering principles and skills working on Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software
- Exposure Data Modeling using Star/Snowflake Schema Design, Data Marts, Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Fact and Dimensional tables, Physical and Logical data modeling and in big data technologies
- Experience with Big Data Lake / Hadoop implementations
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6 to 10 years of experience working with OBIEE / Data Visualization / Informatica / Python
- Ability to design and develop complex Informatica mappings, sessions, workflows and identify areas of optimizations
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS 12g
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are required
- Proven ability and desire to mentor/coach others in a team environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge with Informatica Change Data Capture installed on DB2 z/OS
- Working knowledge of Informatica Power Exchange
- Experience with relational, multidimensional and OLAP techniques and technology
- Experience with OBIEE tools version 10.X
- Experience with Visualization tools like MS Power BI, Tableau, Oracle DVD
- Experience with Python building predictive models
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English Language
- Ability to work with Business and communicate technical solution to solve business problems
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY