High performing team members. Challenging projects. A stable and profitable company. And a great place to work! This is what you can expect if you join the Catapult Systems team. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Catapult is an award-winning Microsoft National Solution Provider, recently being named Microsofts U.S. Partner of the Year and a Microsoft Partner of the Year Finalist for Cloud Productivity.
What do we attribute our award-winning success to? The people we hire, of course! We provide you the tools and leadership that you need to be successful, and then let you do what you do best. We enable you to make the decisions that you feel are in the best interest of our clients, and we trust your judgment. This type of ownership and independence, and an ongoing commitment to solving real business problems through the innovative use of Microsoft technologies, has resulted in Catapult being voted one of the best places to work year after year!
It is a very exciting time of growth for Catapult, and we are currently hiring a Data Science & AI Solutions Architect to:
- Provide technical leadership and continuous evolution to our Data and AI services offerings;
- Lead and deliver Data Science and AI client engagements across our company;
- Consult with our clients on their insight strategies, road maps, and technical architecture; and
- Support Catapult Sales and client development across the company.
This role is located in Austin, Texas as part of our expanding Digital Solutions Group (DSG).
What will my role be?
As a Data Science and AI Solutions Architect, you will evangelize and provide technical leadership for both Microsofts Azure Cortana Intelligence Suite and Catapult's Insights and AI services offerings to our clients. Most of your client interaction and delivery responsibilities will be with senior leadership and C-level technical executives in enterprise, upper mid-market, and state and local government accounts. This role will include:
- Architecting and implementing solutions in Microsoft Azure that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability and performance, primarily in Cortana Intelligence scenarios
- Collaborating with technical leads across Catapult to design data and analytics solutions and establish best-in-class delivery practices; must maintain an ongoing focus on refinement of those solutions over time
- Assisting Catapult development teams to deliver data intensive solutions utilizing a mix of Azure Data platform, on-premise solutions, and leading open source data technologies
- Harvesting IP and best practices gained in client engagements
- Keeping abreast of emerging cloud data technology trends, delivery patterns, and data management practices and their impact on cloud solutions
- Supporting and leading sales discussions; playing an integral role in the sales process by working with the Catapult Sales team to create customer strategies, value propositions, proposal content, and presentations as required
- Ability to formulate a vision, make critical business and technical recommendations, and lead adoption strategy conversations with Senior and Executive-level clients and Catapult team members
- Track record of architecting and delivering complex data solutions
- Experience with data quality practices and implementations with respects to data warehousing
- Understanding of data management concepts such as master data management, process and business metadata, and data profiling
- Experience with predicative solutions such as Azure ML, R, Python
- Data Bricks experience and/or certifications
- Hortonworks/Cloudera experience/or certifications
- Experience implementing AI based solutions (speech, emotion, sentiment, computer vision, bots, intelligent recommendations and search)
- Credible and professional presence; strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive experience in the consulting industry, technical leadership, and sales support
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; ability to work effectively with both clients and team members
- Passion for continuous improvement and advancing technology solutions
- Reputation for being a leader in the data and analytics field; someone that Microsoft sees as a leader in cloud strategy/technologies
- Ability to travel 10-40%
- Preferably reside in Austin, TX
What else would make me stand out?
- Leadership and/or contributions to community organizations in the data, analytics, or BI/DW space
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Analytics, and other relevant fields
- Experience leading Data Management practices and technologies:
- CMMIs Data Management Maturity Model
- Continuous Delivery patterns and practices
- Agile/SCRUM and how its applied to data projects
- D3, or other custom visualization experience
- Familiarity with helping organizations set up data analysis capabilities within their environment
- Data Modeling tools
- Visio, ERwin or similar data modeling tools
- Other non-Microsoft database platform and ETL experience including: Cloudera, Revolution Analytics, Hortonworks, machine learning technologies, R and Python
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications and Non-Microsoft data platform certifications
So what are you waiting for?? If you are passionate about being a leader and want to work with smart people that are committed to accomplishing great things, then apply today!
Catapult offers an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) match, paid time off, flex spending accounts, identity theft protection, and medical, dental, and life insurance just to name a few.
Catapult was recently named a Texas Monthly magazine Best Place to Work!