At Perficient youll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And youll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the worlds biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
Were proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior MapR Solutions Architect
One of our large clients has made strategic decision to move all order management and sales data from their existing EDW into MapR platform. The focus is fast ingestion and streaming analytics. This is a multiyear roadmap with many components that will piece into a larger Data Management Platform. Perficient subject matter expert will work with the client team to move this data into new environment in a fashion that will meet requirements for applications and analytics.
A Senior Solutions Architect is expected to be knowledgeable in two or more technologies within (a given Solutions/Practice area). The Solutions Architect may or may not have a programming background, but will have expert infrastructure architecture, client presales / presentation, team management and thought leadership skills.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Senior Leadership team and may mentor junior architects and other delivery team members.Responsibilities
- Provide vision and leadership to define the core technologies necessary to meet client needs including: development tools and methodologies, package solutions, systems architecture, security techniques, and emerging technologies
- HANDS ON ARCHITECT with VERY STRONG Map R, HBASE, AND HIVE Skills
- Ability to architect and design end to end on data architecture (ingestion to semantic layer). Identify best ways to export the data to the reporting/analytic layer
- Recommend best practices and approach on Distributed architecture (Doesnt have to be Map R specific)
- Most recent project/job to be the Architect of an end to end Big Data implementation which is deployed.
- Need to articulate best practices on building framework for Data layer (Ingesting, Curating), Aggregation layer, and Reporting layer
- Understand and articulate DW principles on Hadoop landscape (not just data lake)
- Performed data model design based HBase and Hive
- Background of database design for DW on RDBMS is preferred
- Ability to look at the end to end and suggest physical design remediation on Hadoop
- Ability to design solutions for different use cases
- Worked with different data formats (Parquet, Avro, JSON, XML, etc.)
- Apache framework (Kafka, Spark, Hive, HBase)
- Map R or similar distribution (Optional)
- Data formats (Parquet, Avro, JSON, XML, etc.)
Preferred Skills And Education
- At least 10+ years of experience in designing, architecting and implementing large scale data processing/data storage/data distribution systems
- At least 3+ years of experience on working with large projects including the most recent project in the MapR platform
- At least 5+ years of Hands-on administration, configuration management, monitoring, performance tuning of Hadoop/Distributed platforms
- Should have experience designing service management, orchestration, monitoring and management requirements of cloud platform.
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Teradata (or other MPP RDBMS), MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop, Splunk, STORM, SPARK, Kafka and HBASE (At least 2 years)
- Experience with end-to-end solution architecture for data capabilities including:
- Experience with ELT/ETL development, patterns and tooling (Informatica, Talend)
- Ability to produce high quality work products under pressure and within deadlines with specific references
- VERY strong communication, solutioning, and client facing skills especially non-technical business users
- At least 5+ years of working with large multi-vendor environment with multiple teams and people as a part of the project
- At least 5+ years of working with a complex Big Data environment
- 5+ years of experience with Team Foundation Server/JIRA/GitHub and other code management toolsets
Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
Certification in Azure platform
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Disclaimer:
The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants apply
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?